Television Production For The 21st Century
Kharis producers have made documentaries filmed in locations in over 50 countries. Many programmes have been for international audiences. More than 30 documentaries have been transmitted on Channel 2 in Moscow, broadcasting over 11 time zones in the Former Soviet Union.
A highly acclaimed documentary on the AIDS crisis was broadcast on SABC in South Africa.
The international series, The God Question, is being transmitted to a potential audience of 300 million on mainstream channels in parts of Europe, Asia and Africa.
As a company with specialisms in both education and religion, many Kharis documentaries have been produced in these fields.
Outstanding films have included the following –
- BBC: ZigZag, Taking Stock of Talk, The History Collection, Let’s See, The Future: Your Health
- Channel 4: Visual World
- Scottish Television: Over an eight year period, many productions were made for the Scottish TV weekly magazine programme, Eikon.
- Scottish Education Department/Regional Education Authorities: Investigating Drama, Living with Autism, Living with DCD (Development Co-ordination Disorder), Talking for Scotland, Parents & Kids, Assessment is for Learning, Handle With Care
- The Scottish Parliament: Let’s Do Democracy
- For International Clients: Europe – The Power and the Glory; You Can Make a World of Difference in Colombia, India, The Former Soviet Union; Paying the Price… the high cost of loyalty to a minority religion.
- For Scottish and UK Clients: A highly acclaimed documentary, Hope and a Future,brings to the screen the plight of Scotland’s homeless people and highlights the crucial impact made by one of Scotland’s foremost charities.
Whatever the challenge, the company draws upon its extensive experience in bringing the story to the screen in a gripping and effective way.
Kharis Productions’ most recent series is The God Question, now on release to broadcasters worldwide through Flame Distribution, with the title Science vs God?
The God Question / Science vs God?
Our three part flagship international documentary television series on science, God and the search for truth. Also on DVD as Exploring The God Question.
Charting Europe’s journey to secularisation.
Billy Graham in Russia
How the world famous evangelist impacted the Former Soviet Union after the fall of communism.
Personal perspectives on the depths of the AIDS crisis in Southern Africa.
In Sovereign Service
Exploring the scope for a spiritual dimension in the British Army and Air Force.
Journey of a Lifetime
A documentary about the making of a seven part series in Israel for Russian TV on the life of Jesus of Nazareth.
Making Sense of Life
An up tempo and close-up look into the minds and attitudes of young people in our post-modern world.
The story of Operation Mobilisation’s floating communities on the high seas.
Paying the Price in Vietnam
The challenge for the Christian minority of living in a totalitarian state.
Living with conflict in the Middle East.
Worldwatch: Central Asia
How the political and religious landscape has changed dramatically in Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan since the break up of the Soviet Union.
This highly effective communications style allows us to combine the immediacy of journalistic reportage with the stirring poignancy of drama. Outstanding examples include Stronger than Guns filmed in Mexico, Peru, Colombia exposing the terrible abuse of human rights; and, more recently, Inside Out, a powerful production produced to educate about the dangers of knife crime.
Kharis Productions’ expertise in this style of programming offers a high impact result.